Install 8.04 over a previous 7.10

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Apr 29 00:49:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 02:23 +0200, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Argh... I got a message in Update Manager that a new "8.04 LTS" is
> available, what is the difference between 8.04 and 8.04 LTS ?

That's fine, there is no difference. Ubuntu has a regular release every
6 months, and a release with "Long Term Support" in greater intervals.
It's just that 8.04 is an LTS, in contrast to 6.10, 7.04, and 7.10
before it. The previous LTS was 6.06.

LTS means that there will be guaranteed updates for security and grave
issues for 3 years for Desktop packages, and 5 years for Server.