Upgraded to 8.04 and now can't log in to xfce4

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Apr 28 18:02:42 UTC 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 05:50:59 am Graham Watkins wrote:
> Just get a beige  coloured screen and a mouse pointer.  I wait patiently
> but nothing happens until I get fed up and log into Gnome.  I've tried
> re-installing xfce4 but it makes no difference. Wouldn't have upgraded
> had I known this was going to happen.  I want my favourite desktop
> manager back!  Now!!!

Do you see a little graphic in the lower lefthand corner?  Clicking on this
should allow you to change sessions if you upgraded an existing install.
Default is Gnome unless you change it here.  I normally use KDE so I set that
as the default instead of Gnome although other users of this laptop can sign
on as default to whatever they like to use.  I've always been a little
more "hands on" than Gnome is, ... which is also one of the reasons Mac has
never appealed to me!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org