Welcome to the "ubuntu-users" mailing list

Clayton smaug42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:22:55 UTC 2008

>  > the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, and observe its guidelines when sending
>  > messages to the list.
>  >
>  > http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/conduct/document_view
>  >
>  > To post to this list, send your email to:
>  >
>  >   ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

(snipped the rest)

A kind word of advice Alan... since you (inadvertently) forwarded your
confirmation email to the entire list, you exposed your password to
the world.  This message cannot be recalled or deleted, and it will be
archived in several places around the world for a very long time.  I
would really recommend that you change the password you use on this
mailing list as soon as possible.  I would also encourage you to
change this password anywhere else you may use it (many people use the
same password everywhere).

When you want to send a message to the mailing list, please start a
new message with a new topic.  Do not reply to an old one and just
change the topic.  The confirmation message that you received lets you
know what email address you should use to send messages to the list.

To answer your question, the upgrade process is well documented, and
can be found here:  http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

C.