unattended update-manager

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Mon Apr 28 10:06:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> . . .
>  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --download-only -y
> . . .
   that seemed a good idea. So I performed the first steps, which worked well.
   But after that I had a more basic problem on 1 machine:
   - on my desktop, update-manager works ( new distribution ... available )
   - on my laptop, I get:
            "you can install 1 update",
            " download size 82 kb"
        but the description window is empty, and clicking on "install updates"
        dows nothing
     Anyway, update-manager gives the message
         "current dist not found in meta-release file"
     and do-release-upgrade gives:
         " Checking for a new ubuntu release
           current dist not found in meta-release file
           No new release found "
     Browsing the Web for that message gave me no useful information. apart that
     this bug was already present in previous releases, and was supposed to be fixed.

May-be this post should be done in a new thread?

Pierre