Keyboard shortcuts - key values to keys

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sun Apr 27 20:00:21 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic said the following on 04/27/2008 01:02 PM:
> I would think that depends on the hardware, and that therefore there can
> be no general map. I simply select one of the shortcut entries in the
> keyboard shortcut dialog and press the keys one after the other. The
> generated codes are then displayed in the list.

I would think that the basic 105 key set would produce the same codes on
any hardware.
> Why not assign them in the o;?keyboard shortcut dialog (trough selecting
> and pressing as above)? It will warn you when assigning a shortccut that
> is already used.

It won't let me assign a shortcut to openoffice calc, for example.  The
only way to do that, so far as I can tell, is through gconf-editor, apps
\ metacity \ keybinding_commands and global_keybindings.  I cannot add
my choice of app to the keyboard shortcuts dialog, that I can tell.

--
Ourwoods.org
 If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what the hell was yesterday? - Bernard Lavander (227)