Setting the screen resolution

Andrew S. vir.admin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 04:25:47 UTC 2008

I'm not sure if I have installed the guest additions successfully for
Ubuntu on the VM. In VirtualBox (the virtual machine I am using) I go
to Devices -> Install Guest Additions and double-click on
VBoxLinuxAdditions.run. The program looks like its running but then I
get an error message that says "This program must be run with
administrator privileges. Aborting." Do you know why that is? When I
install Ubuntu I did set up a username and password and that's what I
use to log in every time I launch Ubuntu. How do I give myself
administrator privileges?

Thanks for any help you can give.