USB Drive sometimes auto mounts as read-only

Niels Andersen niels.ejvind.andersen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 21:41:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Anna EdwARds <ash.1574 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I would actually do it as ext3 (2 gb or more) or ext2 (otherwise)

I certainly agree, but I don't think my fourth machine, a Windows XP
desktop,
can read ext2 or ext3 partitions.  Am I wrong?

My strength is database, and I do most of my database work on unix
platforms,
but I am no Unix/Linux system administrator.  Since I don't think I will
ever
get all my necessary Windows applications to run under ubuntu, my other
option
is to install a Virtual Machine on the Windows XP system, so I can load
ubuntu
as a second OS, but I am not there yet.

Thanks,
Niels