USB Drive sometimes auto mounts as read-only

Niels Andersen niels.ejvind.andersen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 20:23:12 UTC 2008

Let's try that again, this time as a fresh thread...

My USB Drive sometimes auto mounts as a read-only file system on Ubuntu 7.10
i386 desktop.  This does not happen frequently, but when it does, it means I
can't update any files on the drive.  How do I switch it to a read-write
file system?  Is there something I can do to keep it from being mounted as
read-only?

I have tried unmounting it and inserting it into another USB port, with the
same results.  I am going to reboot my desktop  to see if I can resolve this
issue.  If that fails, I intend to copy all the files off the USB drive,
format it (as FAT32), and then restore the files.

Thanks,
Niels

--
Niels Andersen