mysql problem

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Sat Apr 26 19:30:19 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Carl Friis-Hansen wrote:
>> you are welcome to try:
>> mysql -hcarl-fh.com -ugps -pgps
>> and have some fun.
>>

>     Well it sure did work! Here is what happened in a non-root Terminal;
>
> karl at karl-desktop:~$ mysql -hcarl-fh.com -ugps -pgps
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 19387
> Server version: 5.0.45-Debian_1ubuntu3.3-log Debian etch distribution
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>
> mysql>
>
>     It has kind of a high connection id. But will check it out. I have a
> db working now and see if this will let me use it.
The high connection ID is due to this database server being rather busy,
around 10000 calls a day.

The high connection ID is due to the fact that it is a very busy
database server
> If you have the time what does all that mean in your call?
Do you mean the parameters to mysql? If so:
host = carl-fh.com
user = gps
pasw = gps

--
| Carl Friis-Hansen             | Fiskeryd Nybygget |  \  /  |