mysql problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Apr 26 13:15:10 UTC 2008

Carl Friis-Hansen wrote:

> Hi, Karl
> normally you would *never* use sudo for this.
> Instead tell the cilient what user you want to log in as.
> In you case:
> mysql -hlocalhost -uroot -p

    Hi Carl, my problem was I thought like you are and I put too much
information in the command line. As I understand now, MySQL reads the
user name from the terminal and then asked for the password. So I need
to be a root user to use that password. I also have another user set up
from my normal user "karl" and that works too. You need to let the
system know who is calling on localhost. I have no idea how they get it
working on Windows :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI