Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

Ioannis Vranos ivranos at freemail.gr
Sat Apr 26 11:37:10 UTC 2008

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:

>>> Hi Ioannis
>>> There are warnings of deleting these /home/"john" data !?
>>> I may save and then delete these and retry once more ?
>>> Cheers, svobi
>>
>> More precisely, /home/john/.mozilla
>>

>> You get the same warnings when you try to delete any directory/folder.
>> If you use the "Move to Trash" option, you get no warning.
>

> Of course, Ioannis ! ;-)
> I didn't mean these system warnings ...
> ... I more meant some human voices / warning to delete these !! ;-))
>
> Myself I wouldn't delete the folder:
> Each profile creates an own entry and these entries I think to
> delete !?

The approach of the procedure I provided, is to have only one version of
 Firefox running, the stable one, so as to avoid possible conflicts
between the Beta and the Stable, add-ons included.

Also I do not think many people want to run both versions side by side.
Either they will stick with the Beta and what it means (possible bugs,
add-ons not working, hacking it to make things work etc), or the Stable
version alone.