unattended update-manager

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 26 10:50:57 UTC 2008

hi,
Am Freitag, den 25.04.2008, 14:13 +0200 schrieb Pierre Frenkiel:
> I ran update-manager to  upgrade from Feisty to Gutsy, in January, and
> I had to stay in front of my computer for more than 3 hours, just to
> answer 8 to 10 questions about keeping config files or installing the new ones.
> Is there a way avoid that (for example, by setting a default answer)?
> I think this should be available via a update-manager option.
thats sadly hard to do with a system upgrade since there might be
conffiles you changed manually which need human input to not break your
setup by blindly overwriting things (these prompts are supressed
wherever possible by update-manager already, if you get one thats likely
because you or an app you used changed a system config).
but have a look at the unattended-upgrades package for security updates
on a stable system :)

ciao
	oli