About gnome panel menu item height

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Apr 26 09:53:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 15:10 +0530, Santanu Chatterjee wrote:
> When I click on
> the 'Menu' (the one with the 'Applications', 'Places', and 'System' on
> them)
> on the gnome-panel, I get a menu with (for the
> Applications menu) things like Accessories, Games, etc. I am
> calling these the 'items' of the Applications menu. The height of
> these items are too much for my taste... for instance, there is quite
> a bit of space above and below the text of say, 'Games' item. I just
> want to remove that space so that I get a sleeker menu.

I see. I'm not sure, but I'd not be surprised if you would have to
change that in the source code and recompile. Not even disabling icons
in menus seems to have an effect on the spacing (I just tried, using
System > Preferences > Appearance > Interface. That's in 8.04, the
locations of the setting was different in earlier Ubuntus)