Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sat Apr 26 06:32:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 08:01 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 08:23 +0800, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> > YES, Mario, I do not want to hear it !!!
>
> > I want to get rid of this stupid Beta FF3 on my / our Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
> > and use FF2 only UNTIL FF3 is NO MORE beta !!
>
> Who prevents you from launching FF2 instead of FF3?
>
> > Unfortunately it seems impossible since FF3, according to Mozilla
> > support, corrupts the extension data !
>
> Is that so? Do you have a link to the bug report? Just asking to learn,
> because it's the first time I hear that, for most people it seems to
> work fine. Is this the case only with your bookmark extension?

Yes, Mario
My bug report has a # !

A handful answers always came from the same person !!

Well, for me it's not fatal nor vital ...
... since it's only the test environment and $
I am very very happy I didn't rush with my PROD system !!! ;-D

Sometime later next week I will give another try a clean install
of 8.04 LTS and I will see how I get along with all these current
experience and knowledge.

Will get back to this after my try again ! ;-)

Hava nice weekend,
cheers, svobi