BusyBox

Gerald Dachs ubuntu at dachsweb.de
Fri Apr 25 22:23:48 UTC 2008

Am Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:59:06 +0000 (GMT)
schrieb Herbert Fruchtl <hfruchtl at yahoo.co.uk>:

> I am trying to install 8.04 on an old laptop. After choosing the
> language, I get into a page starting with "BusyBox v1.1.3" and an
> (initramfs) prompt. I had tried 7.10 on it, with the same effect.

Look like for some reason the kernel doesn't find your cdrom.

> Google finds a lot of people with the same problem, but no useful
> answers.

There are many possible reasons for this. Very often this happens with
inexperienced users that can't make a diagnose that would help to
fix the problem.

> It happens before I have the chance to screw thing up
> myself. The CD is the normal (live) CD, not the alternative one.

Give the alternate iso a try. It uses the debian installer so there
is a big chance to get a step farther.

Gerald