nvidia-glx-new and TwinView

Matthew Clarke mj3clark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:56:39 UTC 2008

what works for me:

- install the nvidia drivers (as you have)
- install the nvidia-settings package
- Run: System->Administration->Nvidia X Server Settings

That will give you a GUI interface for your video hardware! Works much
like other OS's resolution/monitor setup apps. Handles TwinView very
nicely. And writes the config to your xorg.conf and all.

Cheers,
MC

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Thomas Kaiser <ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I try to get TwinView running with my nvidia graphics card but now luck
>  so far. I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 and it installed nvidia-glx-new. Now
>  it looks like the "TwinView" option in the xorg.conf file does nothing.
>  Has anybody TwinView running with nvidia-glx-new? If so, please post me
>  the relevant options I have to set in the xorg.conf file or the whole
>  xorg.conf file, please.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Thomas
>

>  --