[Hardy] - How do I disable Compositing?

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:15:42 UTC 2008

I did this first.  Visual effects are disabled however I still have the
black shadows and attempt at fading around windows that came whenever I
manually started xcompmgr -cCfF.  I really wouldn't mind but it screws
around with video playback.

Thanks again.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 10:58 -0400, John Toliver wrote:
> >
> > 1. What is the compositing manager that hardy defaults to?
>
> Compiz
>
> > 2. I might be able to figure this out but, what command can I use to
> > turn it off?
>
> Menu System > Preferences > Appearance. Go to tab Visual Effects, select
> None.

Patience yields far greater results than brute force or rage ever could so
relax......it's just life !!!