Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Apr 25 14:47:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 15:35 +0100, Avi Greenbury wrote:

> Given Firefox's tradition of broken extension compatability between
> major releases, I'd much rather a 'surprise' upgrade to Firefox
> happened when I'm expecting big upgrades (i.e. when I upgrade the OS)
> than a passing apt-get upgrade.

Seconded. One other thing that some people seem to forget: you are not
forced to upgrade at all. You can also wait until the final FF3 is in
8.04 and then upgrade. To give users a better chance to make an informed
decision, there maybe should exist a link to the release notes and the
upgrade notes in the update-manager GUI