8.04 md5sums

Rick Bragg rbragg at gmnet.net
Fri Apr 25 00:22:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 00:53 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 22:06 +0000, Rick Bragg wrote:
> > all I want to know is why are they
> > not yet here at: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes
>                                           ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> BTW, this is a page that is edited by the community, not an "official"
> Ubuntu page. (Yes, I find this confusing, too)

Wow, that's bad.  I got the info that this is the official hash page
from the HowToMD5SUM page! and it seemed really official, but I guess
that ubuntu does not keep any official hash data at all!

I just want to check to see if my download is OK to burn from a trusted
https source.  Many times it is not, and I don't want to waist media and
time.

There REALLY should be an official hash with the download, that's messed
up!

Rick