Samba Server - Swat

William W. Hammond support at mbdsoft.com
Wed Apr 23 21:06:21 UTC 2008

Thanks to everyone  I now have Ubuntu 7.10 Server Installed.
Added Xubuntu Desktop.
Now I have both a command line and GUI (on request).

Accessing Swat from Firefox "localhost:901"
I get a home page with four buttons:  HOME STATUS VIEW PASSWORD.

The Home Button is a very helpful "Manual" of command line options. But...

I recall swat having actual tools to create Groups, Users, Shares etc.
and edit the smb.conf  file. But I don't see any of that.

What am I missing...?

Performance Technology Systems Design

"Never Promise more than you can deliver...
Always Deliver more than you promise.."