Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Thu Apr 24 23:32:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 18:08 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 17:49 +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> > Why this Beta was chosen to be
> > included in Ubuntu 8.04 instead of the stable version?
>
> Well, there is no newer version, or else it would have been included.
> The official release notes state that an upgrade to the final FF3 "may
> be considered" after release.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/804

With Hardy 8.04RC, FF3 and the need of Foxmarks one runs into
problems ! ;-(

Foxmarks told me, it's for an older version and I installed FF2 parallel
to the existing FF3.

Now I am also having problems installing all needed extensions into
FF2 !!
It brings an installation failure and points to -203 !?

Accordingly to Mozilla support it shall be a FF profile error and
I will have to do some further tests today to try overcoming:

If impossible/unable: Hardy 8.04 is not my candidate with FF3 !!! ;-(

Take care before you run into this problem.
Cheers, svobi