Video driver problem on upgrade to Hardy

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 24 18:01:48 UTC 2008

On 04/24/2008 10:46 AM, NoOp wrote:

> You'll probably want to put xserver-xorg-video-ati back.

Then again... I ran across this a moment ago when trying to figure out
an XrandR problem on one of my systems (not related to your prob):

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2#the_Virtual_screen
<quote>
    *  Ubuntu
          o Version 7.10 (Gutsy) of Ubuntu includes support for Xorg 7.3
with RandR 1.2 Xorg 7.3
          o Installing Ubuntu on a ThinkPad R60e for a revised and more
specific version of this page
          o Ubuntu source for Intel
          o gutsy version of xserver-xorg-ati has some major problems on
ATI Radeon for (Category:X Series) and possibly others. The solution is
to downgrade to the feisty version
</quote>

and:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/xserver-xorg-driver-ati/+bug/148408