Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:27:17 UTC 2008

On Thu 24 Apr 2008 12:14:54 Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
> > On Thu 24 Apr 2008 11:49:39 Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> >> Why this Beta was chosen to be
> >> included in Ubuntu 8.04 instead of the stable version?
> >
> > There was at least one thread about this this month. Please check the
> > archives.
>
> I am not interested in Ubuntu 8.04 Beta discussions. In Ubuntu 8.04
> Beta they could have added many Beta versions of any other programs
> they wanted, since it was a Beta, and I didn't/don't care about Ubuntu
> 8.04 Beta discussions.
>

> I care about the Ubuntu 8.04 final release and related problems.
>
> I do not think there is any other discussion thread about Firefox 3
> Beta 5 and Ubuntu 8.04 final release.

Perhaps you failed to notice that firefox3 final would not be released
before Hardy final, and that FF3 should be upgraded accordingly when it
gets released. On a second notice, why would you believe FF3 beta would
be dropped in HardyH final, if it was included in the HH-beta?

Also note, as I and others mentioned, that you were wrong when you said
the beta was included *instead* of the stable, so this is actually a
non-issue.

PS: I am also pretty sure, even though I've not looked into it, that this
decision is documented somewhere either in ubuntu's website, or the
devel-* mailing list archives. If you're interested in this information,
I suggest you look at those places first.

regards
FF