Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:59:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Ioannis Vranos <ivranos at freemail.gr> wrote:
> I have some concerns about Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5. I have read
>  that Firefox 3 Betas are unstable. Why this Beta was chosen to be
>  included in Ubuntu 8.04 instead of the stable version? Are there any
>  other Betas included in Ubuntu 8.04? Has anyone any experience on
>  Firefox 3 Beta 5 under Ubuntu 8.04?
>
>  The Firefox 3 Beta 5 mainly stops me from upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04.
I've been using 8.04 since the beta, and am very much impressed with
the improvements of Firefox.
In my experience it's faster and more stable than ver2!

Only downside is that there are not a lot of compatible extensions,
tool bars etc for it. (I miss my mouse gestures!!)

--
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono