Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:58:31 UTC 2008

On Thu 24 Apr 2008 11:49:39 Ioannis Vranos wrote:

> Why this Beta was chosen to be
> included in Ubuntu 8.04 instead of the stable version?

There was at least one thread about this this month. Please check the
archives.

> Are there any
> other Betas included in Ubuntu 8.04?

Have you checked the release notes? You can also check packages.ubuntu.com
for the exact version of each individual package you want to know.

> Has anyone any experience on
> Firefox 3 Beta 5 under Ubuntu 8.04?

Many people. See the past thread(s).

> The Firefox 3 Beta 5 mainly stops me from upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04.

There is also firefox-2 in universe, and they should be able to co-exist
nicely (but you shouldn't try to use them simultaneously!). Please, read
available information before taking conclusions.

regards
FF