7.10 No Brown Desktop

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:51:21 UTC 2008

Hi Jeff,

What do you see after login? If you see nothing, what video card do you
have. You may also want to attach or pastebin your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to
the response for diagnosis. Do you remember having to set up anything
specific that did not work out of the box when you first installed the
existing ubuntu partition?

As Carl said, if you place you CD in windows and see only the iso file
as the content of the CD, you have done this wrong, "you need to burn
the disc image onto a CD" is in fact an incorrect statement, the correct
statement is that you should use burning software which will extract the
iso and burn its contents onto the CD. If you have windows Nero or some
free burning software on a web site called OSalt will help you.

If you put in the CDand you see multiple files, but the CD still doesn't
boot, then you would need to go into your BIOS and change the order of
bootable devices. A good way to test this is put in a windoze install cd
in the drive and see if it boots, if not this is not the issue