Home on separate drive

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 21:36:47 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> Courtesy of Nils when I wanted to do the same:

Oh, great - you still have that mail. I was about to write that stuff
again because I don't have it any more :)

> > somedrivespec /home ext3 defaults 0 0
> > (/dev/sdb1  /home  ext3 defaults 0 0)
> > worked. 0 2 gave me dmrc & no media errors.

That's interesting. According to the fstab man page it should be a 0 or 2
at the end. And for some of my disks the entry actually is 2 (probably I
had copied one of those entries for the original mail). Do you have a
special setup for that disk like LVM? Perhaps you can't fsck an LVM
volume?

Nils