Shut Down Problem on Ubuntu Laptop

Alvaro Figueiredo alvarof at freeshell.org
Wed Apr 23 17:44:25 UTC 2008

Em Quarta 09 Abril 2008, Marios escreveu:
> I use Mitac 8258D laptop with Ubuntu 7.10.
> My problem is that when I shut down the laptop it halts but
> doesn't power off, the only way is to press the power button for
> some time. Although when I restart it everything goes fine.

I had a similar issue with a HP Pavilion dv2120 notebook running
Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon. It occasionally did halt when shutting
down or hibernating. I accidentaly discovered that I have to turn
off the switch of the wireless before hibernate or shut down if I
am using the Ethernet cable.

--
Alvaro Figueiredo
alvarof at freeshell.org