ubuntu 7.10 server edition

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Wed Apr 23 13:52:42 UTC 2008

Hi, if the problem hasn't been solved yet, perhaps this can help (i'm
no expert though :) )

Reboot the machine, and at the Grub menu there should be an option for
"fail-safe" mode, select that and boot the machine.

once the server has booted, you will find that there isn't any need
for a username or password and that you have a root terminal.

from that type the command "passwd <username>" (without quotes and
where <username> is the name of the user that you created at
installation).

Just reboot the way it's meant to boot up afterwards and from there
you will be able to log in with the username and the password that you
have just specified.

I hope this helps (and i'm kinda hoping that I havent nudged someone
elses answer, sorry if I have)

---
Thanks,
      Kenny.