Snmpwalk not working from remote machines

Indika Rupasinghe rupasinghe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:05:40 UTC 2008

I m a having problem with SNMP monitoring with ubuntu.
I can do "snmpwalk" using ip 127.0.0.1 or "localhost".
But when I tried with ip 192.168.0.xx which is ip of interface connected to
my local network, it says no respond from server.
I m not using any iptables in my machine.  Follwing is my snmpd.conf file
and it works on redhat very fine.

#       sec.name  source          community
com2sec notConfigUser  default       public

#       groupName      securityModel securityName
group   notConfigGroup v1           notConfigUser
group   notConfigGroup v2c           notConfigUser

# Make at least  snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public system fast again.
#       name           incl/excl     subtree         mask(optional)
view    systemview    included   .1

#       group          context sec.model sec.level prefix read   write
notif
access  notConfigGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  systemview none
none

syslocation Unknown (edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)
syscontact Root <root at localhost> (configure /etc/snmp/snmp.local.conf)

trapcommunity public
trapsink default

Thanx
Indika