F-PROT antivirus for linux

Ioannis Vranos ivranos at freemail.gr
Tue Apr 22 13:21:43 UTC 2008

I have been using XFPROT for quite some time, I do not think it is a
trojan or something. If it was, all this time it exists it would be
recognised by antivirus scanners. Besides its source code is available.

XFPROT comes with a non-virus named EICAR, which is a standard way to
test if some antivirus really works:

http://www.rexswain.com/eicar.html