Mounting my EHD, editing Fstab

Tony Corbett corbtr at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:15:49 UTC 2008

   i tried this:

corbett at corbett-desktop:~$ sudo mount -t ntfs /dev/sda /media/HD_manual
   Usage: mount -V                 : print version
          mount -h                 : print this help
          mount                    : list mounted filesystems
          mount -l                 : idem, including volume labels
   So far the informational part. Next the mounting.
   The command is `mount [-t fstype] something somewhere'.
   Details found in /etc/fstab may be omitted.
          mount -a [-t|-O] ...     : mount all stuff from /etc/fstab
          mount device             : mount device at the known place
          mount directory          : mount known device here
          mount -t type dev dir    : ordinary mount command
   Note that one does not really mount a device, one mounts
   a filesystem (of the given type) found on the device.
   One can also mount an already visible directory tree elsewhere:
          mount --bind olddir newdir
   or move a subtree:
          mount --move olddir newdir
   A device can be given by name, say /dev/hda1 or /dev/cdrom,
   or by label, using  -L label  or by uuid, using  -U uuid .
   Other options: [-nfFrsvw] [-o options] [-p passwdfd].
   For many more details, say  man 8 mount .
   corbett at corbett-desktop:~$

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT