configure client machine

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Apr 22 11:11:18 UTC 2008

Willis Taylor wrote:
> So everyone told me to stop trying to use Samba and switch to NFS
> because I'm moving away from windows completely.  I set up the server as
> per directions found on the net and when I tested, as per command line
> directions it showed everything to be right.
>
> So logic says that since the directions on the server worked the same
> site should work equally well for the client machine, right?  It didn't
> and neither has any other site that is goggled for this purpose.  Does
> anyone know how to do this?

    I think the person who told you to just quit means please quit
trying to run Windows applications on Linux. If you want to move to
Linux, than there is no point to running Windows applications with samba.

    Most people dual boot with Windows. If you just have to use a
Windows application then boot up in Windows.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User