Mounting my EHD, editing Fstab

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Apr 21 11:51:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 19:25 +1000, Tony Corbett wrote:
> and also had it working today on windows at wok
> checked out Control Panel / scan - indicated defrag not required

You wrote repeatedly that it works in Windows, and now you even say,
"indicated defrag not required". At the same time, your first message
on this topic asked the question,

"and then would this be the corrct edit for fstab
/dev/sda   /usb  ext3   auto     0       0"

Which made me believe that you have an ext3 file system on this disk.

Question: if you indeed have ext3 on the drive, do you have an ext3
driver installed in Windows? If not, how do you know that it works in
Windows. If yes, I doubt that it can defrag an ext3 drive, and
therefore "indicated defrag not required" surprises me.