Thunderbird No Support HTTP

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Mon Apr 21 06:09:26 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Jayson Rowe
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 9:02 PM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: RE: Thunderbird No Support HTTP

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Jeffrey Tooker wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Jeffrey Tooker wrote:
>

>> I went to the Thunderbird Wiki.  Under support it does not mention
>> HTTP.  Is there an add on package which will let TB support HTTP?  My
>> mail service provider is HTTP.
>>
>> Jeffrey Tooker
>> Paynes Creek Ca.
>>

> What mail service are you using? Generally HTTP is only going to be
> for
> web-mail but many services also provide IMAP or POP3 access as well.
>
> -jayson>>>
>
> Jayson:
>
> It is an MSN email address.  It also ends up in Hotmail.  So I believe
> that is the reason for the HTTP.  Right now I am so hacked at MSN I
> will leave for Thunderbird and change my email address to the one
> provided by my ISP. This whole MSN thing has been getting more
> unfriendly for some time.  Now is a good a time to go as any.  Thanks
> to all for the help.
>
> Jeffrey Tooker
> Paynes Creek Ca.

Jayson wrote:
Sorry to hear of your troubles with MSN. You may want to give GMail a try.
I find it a little more flexible than an ISP provided email service, in
that you won't have to get a new email address if you change ISP's and
GMail gives you WAY more storage than most ISPs. Plus you have the
flexability to use Webmail, POP3 or IMAP. I personally use IMAP so that I
can access my mail with actuall mail clients (Alpine in my case) in
various locations without having to use the webmail interface (which I
hate).

-jayson>>>

Jayson:

It sounds like good advice.  However I have a small problem in that I have
several years of email files that I am trying to maintain.  Fortunatly they
have been migrated over to Thunderbird.  I can work from there with my new
email address.  I am retired here and here I will stay untill health drives
me into town which is 30 mi down in the valley.  Hopefully I will be here
many years.  Is there a way in TB to export my existing email files to a
folder in the documents portion of my computer, rather than leaving them in
TB?  I see that I am going to have to rethink my email archive.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Creek Ca.