Bug in documentation package libqhull5

Jaap Weel jaapweel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:06:17 UTC 2008

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10/AMD64, which provides a package libqhull5 with the
following information:

> Package: libqhull5
> <pkg-scicomp-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
> Architecture: amd64
> Source: qhull
> Version: 2003.1-7ubuntu1
> Depends: libc6 (>= 2.6-1)
> Filename: pool/universe/q/qhull/libqhull5_2003.1-7ubuntu1_amd64.deb
> Size: 154242
> MD5sum: b0f5c173862ae276c3e238848e9b9aca
> SHA1: 759e92dfd8a08cede810c998f2b7603772b539be
> SHA256:
> 7db3634c13606f46d8944051924ec5bf555d17792af3956d8fc7a3d91f298647
> library)
> Qhull computes convex hulls, Delaunay triangulations, halfspace
> intersections about a point, Voronoi diagrams, furthest-site
> Delaunay triangulations, and furthest-site Voronoi diagrams. It
> runs in 2-d, 3-d, 4-d, and higher dimensions.
> .
> This package contains the shared C library.
> .
>   Homepage: http://www.qhull.org
> Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Origin: Ubuntu

This package installs a file /usr/share/doc/libqhull5/README.Debian,
which contains the following passage:

> Documentation
> -------------
>
> Documentation in HTML format is available starting in the file
> /usr/share/doc/qhull/qh-man.htm.  There are also some exemples in the
> directory /usr/share/doc/qhull/examples.

That is simply not true. The documentation in HTML format and the
examples get installed only when you install libqhull-dev, and even
then it gets installed not in the directory that is mentioned here, but
instead in /usr/share/doc/libqhull-dev.

It would be good if this could be changed. I'm emailing both the email
address mentioned in the package description and the email address
mentioned in the buggy file, just in case.

Thanks for your attention.

--
 Jaap Weel

 MPhil student in Parallel and Distributed Computer Systems
 Faculty of Exact Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
 Incoming PhD student in Economics
 George Mason University, Fairfax, VA