Thunderbird Getting Started

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Sun Apr 20 18:49:17 UTC 2008

Steve wrote:
> click on the offending account on the left, and down toward the bottom
> left there is a "remove account" button.
>
> Steve Reilly

Steve:

Done. I have gotten my Thunderbird email account set up with my ISP
Frontier. I can get mail in TB with my Frontier email address. I maintain an
MSN email address which I use as default.  I have tried to set up an
additional TB account for my MSN email address.  The problem seems to be
that TB cannot contact the MSN server.  I have talked to MSN TS and they
want me to recieve my MSN email online, and do not seem to be cooperative
about server name and server type.  In looking into my existing Outlook
account under service info it says "HTTP mail service provider MSN"  The TB
account Under Server Settings says Server Type: POP mail server.  For server
name I put in MSN.  When I "get mail" TB fails to connect with MSN server.
I would like to keep the MSN email address as I have used it for many years.
Help.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Creek Ca.