Ubuntu based Xen installation

Ted Hilts thilts at mcsnet.ca
Sun Apr 20 18:36:37 UTC 2008

I currently have a machine  with 8 hard drives (one is a  CD-DVD combo)
.  So far I have  Ubuntu and XP in a dual boot configuration on this
machine in my LAN.  I want to use one of these hard drives, specifically
one of the bigger drives (250 GigB) which is currently a NTFS formatted
hard drive and I want to format it as EXT2 or 3.

1. Does the drive location have any impact on boot up of a Linux
formatted hard drive.
2. What is the best way of formatting this drive in preparation of
installing Xen.
3. I have 4 choices for Xen.  They are: Ubuntu Xen based, Debian Xen
based, or Xen's own (Red Hat) based, or possibly SuSE Xen based.  To my
knowledge on this subject Xen's own installation (now a year old since I
downloaded it -- not yet used) would be the easiest to install and use
(32bit system without Intel enhancements).
4. I want an OPEN and FREE Xen solution.
5. Is there anyone about that can both recommend and help (step by step)
me in this endeavour????
6. My biggest concern is the facilitation of LAN networking for the DOM
U installations.
7. If no one can be helpfull in this way perhaps someone knows of
someone that will help for a charge which would involve their direct
physical remote interaction with my system????

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks - Ted
PS--I'm a newbee regarding Ubuntu. Is there some problem using
[ubuntu-users] at the beginning of a subject line.  It seems like my
emails to the list are filtered out whenever I use [ubuntu-users] at the
beginning of my subject line.
Ted