SCIM japanese users

DigitalPig lizhenqing.fudan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 16:06:12 UTC 2008

"Xurxo F." <xurxo13 at terra.es> writes:

> Hi,
> Since I upgraded to 8.04 RC I noticed SCIM working weird. Suddently the
> keyboard quits responding and I have to switch to another window then
> come back. It happens a lot on eclipse but I noticed it in pidgin and
> firefox too. I also realized that after upgrading default input method
> (入力メソッド) was set to simple. After using im-switch -s scim now it's
> set on system instead of SCIM.
> Did anyone else noticed something like that? I'm running 8.04RC updated
> from 7.10 and 7.04 before that and japanese as default language.

I had the same problem by using SCIM Chinese Input method under 7.10. I
think it is because SCIM uses the GTKIm module instead of the Xim
module. GTKIm still has some bugs inside. So SCIM occasionally lost its
response. I tried another input method based on XIM. And everything
works fine.
--
DigitalPig
E-mail: digitalpiglee AT gmail DOT com