PDF vs Printers

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Sat Apr 19 22:22:03 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Ioannis Vranos
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 4:04 PM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: PDF vs Printers

Joseph wrote:
> Thanks you so much David.  I used the "System --> Administration -->
Printing" and clicked "Make
> Default".
>
> I tried it and the printer interface gave the HP and it was notted to be
the default printer.

> Again, thanks for your help....   and patience.

<<<1. If your printer is a HP one, go to System::Preferences::HPLIP Toolbox
and check the options there too.

2. If the problem persists you will have to configure CUPS manually:

Open a web browser and load the URL: http://127.0.0.1:631/printers

There, there is the option button "Set As Default".

Also take a look at the other options if you want.

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: