Screen Resolution Prob 7.10

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Sat Apr 19 20:18:01 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Tooker
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:38 PM
To: 'Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions'
Subject: Screen Resolution Prob 7.10

I have completed loading Ubuntu 7.10 and have downloaded all 902 updates.  I
have started to use my system.  I went to System>Preferences>Monitor.  I
opened the screen resolution window to change resolution as the resolution
is too small for me.  I changed resolution to I believe 600X800.  When I
applied the settings the screen went black and never came back, even after a
long wait.  I killed power to the machine and rebooted the system.  It came
back up OK.  I tried again, same results.  Also there is a choice for
refresh rate.  Is it specific or will either one work?  Has anyone else had
this problem?

Jeffrey Tooker

Paynes Creek Ca.

Newb

I tried changing screen resolution on my dedicated off line Ubunto machine
with disk load only and no updates.  It works fine.  The off line machine
has a much longer list of resolution choices than my online updated machine.
For the online machine (the one with the problem) the resolution window
looses the 60HZ choice for refresh rate.  I think this may be part of the
problem as I believe 60HZ is the necessary refresh rate for USA.

Jeffrey Tooker

Paynes Creek Ca.

Newb