Uninstalling Ubuntu

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Fri Apr 18 14:37:18 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Karl Larsen
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 5:03 AM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: Uninstalling Ubuntu

Jeffrey Tooker wrote:

> [...]
                Snip
> To all:
>
> I got 7.10 loaded from disk. Mine worked the one from the book would not
> boot up.  Got into the Bios.  The boot instructions on the disk and
another
> set of instructions I found online did not work for getting into Bios on
my
> Dell.  The key for Dell seems to be F2.  Also one needs to hold F2 down
from
> the time the machine is powered up.  The machine then goes into Bios
before
> the the indications that are supposed to show up, (they never do).  I
messed
> up the install by impatience and had to restart a couple of times. 10.7
> seems to work pretty well now.  I will keep at it.  Thanks to all for your
> help and patience.
>
> Jeffrey Tooker
> Paynes Creek Ca.
>
> 	Glad you figured out your BIOS. They can be real tricky some times
and I have not had a Dell. So then the LiveCD worked and you have Ubuntu
installed on the second hard drive and it works.

    Now you can relax because after a bunch of updates you will be up to
date and using Linux.

Karl>>>

Karl:

I downloaded them last night.  There were 209 updates.  It took a while.
While downloading I came to the understanding that the CD was the basic load
to get the system going, then the updates brought the system up to speed.  I
am begining to understand the way in which Ubuntu is set up.  It will take a
while.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Creek Ca.