Firefox 2.4

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 09:19:39 UTC 2008

I'm on Xubuntu 8.04, happy with it, looking forward eagerly
to the full release.

However, unless the release will have a non-beta Firefox, I
want to switch from 3.whatever beta to the stable Firefox
2.4. I really need the add-ons -- Tor proxy since I'm in China
and Foxmarks to share bookmarks with the XP box at work.

I already have debs for it; used them on 7.10 with good
results. Anything I need to know before switching? Do I
need to do anything other than delete FF3.x in Synaptic
and then install the debs by going to their directory and
doing "dpkg -i *.deb"? Is there a better way?

--
Sandy Harris,
Nanjing, China