Uninstalling Ubuntu

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Fri Apr 18 04:58:13 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of steve
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:42 PM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: Uninstalling Ubuntu

Karl Larsen wrote:
| Jeffrey Tooker wrote:
|>             Alexander:
|>

|> I am trying to uninstall Ubuntu from my computer.  Ubuntu is loaded on a
|> seperate disk, not in a partition.  I have tried using the Ubuntu
|> installation disk to load the new Ubuntu over the old.  My Dell
(PIII) with
|> Windows XP will not boot from CD.  I have tried to get into Bios to
change
|> boot order, as per several instructions and can not.  I found your
article
|> on uninstalling Ubuntu.  Hence this email.  I have made a system disk.  I
|> will download the Gparted CD and follow your instructions.  The only
|> difference I have is that my Ubuntu is installed on a seperate HD.  Will
|> this cause any problems or changes?

I havent really been following this thread, so forgive me if this has
already been tried.  Cant you pull the ubuntu drive, and boot to windows
or at least get a windows command line and try fixmbr then reboot ?

- --
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

Steve and all:

I was going down the path to uninstalling Ubuntu, when I figured out the
entry into Bios, and got 7.10 loaded from disk.  However in trying to un
install 7.10 I found a number of intresting things online about un
installing 7.10.  First there is a procedure posted to this list by a fellow
named Alexander Duncan
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2006-December/102255.html
There is also a set of instructionfor getting in to Bios of various
manufacturers to get The systems to load from CD at
http://www-mdp.eng.cam.ac.uk/CD/bios.html .  The whole procedure for
uninstalling Ubuntu is quite involved and not very public.  Is there a
reason for this?  It seems to be a bit un user friendly for an OS which is
touted for being user friendly.  Thanks to Karl Larsen who put me on the
right track.

I can do my homework.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Ck Ca.