Ubuntu 8.04 mit Firefox 3 != fatal combination !

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Thu Apr 17 23:47:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 23:26 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 10:31 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> > If you're going to load in FF 3.0 beta, why not load in OOo 3.0 beta?
>
> Well, I would figure that one reason is that FF3 release is going to be
> real soon now, while OO3 release is in September.
>
> Of course other reasons could add to this, such as simple lack of
> manpower. I haven't researched it, though. But I agree that having to
> live with 2.4 over the whole life time of 8.04 would suck.

Hi folks
This thread has nothing to do with OOo3 !
It supposed to point to problems with extensions:
Under 7.10 all the discussed entensions were running and working but
8.04 ;-(

A special thanks to Thilo:
Your advice how to install FF-2 under 8.04 worked perfectly !!

After installing Firefox 2.0.0.13 additionally to the already installed
FF 3
the situation still hasn't changed:

None of the at least 7 extensions can get installed ond both the
versions !!

- Foxmark
- FF Comanion for Kodak
- Chatzilla
- DL Statusbar
- Foxy Tunes
- PDF Download
- ForecastFox

These all are ending with an Unexpected installation error
Review the Error Console log for more details.
-203 and the log says:
Unknown property "-webkit-border-radius". Declaration dropped.
https://addons.mozilla.org.css/color.css

What's wrong and where do get it corrected ?

TIA for your help and hints,
cheers svobi