Flash video playback in 8.04 Hardy

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 17 22:19:50 UTC 2008

On 04/17/2008 10:30 AM, Matthias Andersson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I performed the upgrade two days ago over to Hardy and with it came
> Firefox 3 Beta 5.
>
> Now I've experienced _horrible_ playback quality of flash videos. It
> seems they play at a reduced framerate and the overall performance is
> choppy to say the least. Is there some debugging mode running in the
> background?
>
> Overall my system seems to be under a much heavier load than with 7.10
> Gutsy.

It's FF3. I have FF3 and FF2 - both with SWF 9.0 r124 and I can compare
the same youtube.com video side-by-side. The Current FF3 does exactly as
you point out, while the FF2 plays just fine. I also have a system that
has both installed (FF2 & FF3) and they do the same on that system as
well - so it's not Hardy.