Printer installation problems

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 17 20:01:01 UTC 2008

On 04/15/2008 04:29 PM, Peter Baily wrote:
> I have just  replaced Feisty Fox with Gutsy Gibbon.   Unfortunately my
> printer does not install correctly.   I follow through the menus
> accepting the recommended driver (a driver for a Canon MP370 is not
> listed so I accept the BJ10 driver) as I did with FF.   However on
> attempting to print the test page I find nothing transmitted to the
> printer, though the print progress window shows an addition to the print
> queue (currently up to job 8!).   The printer status window shows no jobs.
>
> Please can any one help.
>
> Peter B.

Try the recommended driver for the MP360:
http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-MP360
[Bjc-8200]

However, if you want full printing support, then I highly recommend
Turboprint: http://www.turboprint.de/english.html
 http://www.turboprint.info/printers.html
The MP370 is supported.

It's well worth the price (http://www.zedonet.de/eshop-tplinux.html) and
I've had no problems using it for my MP750, Print, Scan, Copy etc.

I can also use the Foomatic listed Pixma MP750 driver, but that driver
is actually an ip4100 driver
(http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-PIXMA_MP750).