7.10 No Brown Desktop

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Thu Apr 17 15:26:18 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Tooker wrote:
> I have tried booting up with the Ubuntu disk from the Ubuntu book in the CD.
> This should be a good CD disk.  Windows computer will not boot from CD disk.
> Rember Ubuntu is already installed in the computer in its own seperate HD.
> My question remains.  How does one UN INSTALL Ubuntu from within Ubuntu?  I
> believe the Ubuntu presently installed on my computer (in its own seperatr
> HD) is corrupt. I need to un install Ubuntu.  How do I do it?>>>
>
> Please disregard last post in which I forgot to enter my signature.
>
> Jeffrey Tooker
> Paynes Creek Ca.

Jeffrey, you confuse us a little. In a way Karl is right, you must go
back to basics and disregard what installations of Windows and Ubuntu
there might or might not be.
1)  Make sure that your BIOS is set to first boot on CD and secondly on HD.
2)  Insert your Ubuntus CD in the CD-drive and boot.
3)  Press enter for the first selection, you get to the "brown desktop".
4)  Follow the books recommendations for dual boot installation.

--
Carl Friis-Hansen