Grub installation failed, help please ! SOLVED !!! ;-)

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Thu Apr 17 12:28:36 UTC 2008

Forgot to mention about this:

It seems, when connected, the install process checks time with a
server ...
... and perhaps installs from one of it sources !?

I am not sure but it looks like !!
Without connection the install process works like a charm and is done in
less than a hour !
Thats much better.

> Finally I got it working again !
> It was the hda/sda conflict and with GRUB set into Ubuntu's ROOT
> partition manually
> with /dev/hda6 against systems assuming of sda6 !!
>
> Glad I kept swimming but drowning ! ;-D

Cheers, svobi