Install hangup....

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Wed Apr 16 21:04:45 UTC 2008

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
>> Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>>> If you suspect RAM issues use the free memtest86+ to check your RAM.
>>
>> I had already done that on the RAM I had.  It was showing lots of errors.  So I purchased two new
>> Kingston 512's and one is still doing the same thing.  When I tried the second new Kingston 512 it
>> went in loops.  It would go to the Ubuntu boot screen, I'd click on "Install" and it would begin,
>> then go back to the e-Machines screen....   and start new again into the Ubuntu screen.  <grimace>
>>
>> Soooooo, I would venture to say it's something else.  But what???
>

> Did you remove the damaged RAM, installed new one, reran memtest86+ and
> it found no errors?

Yes, I took out the old 512 and installed one new one.  It gave me the "kill" thing.  Then I removed
that one and installed the other 512 and it did a loop.  It would start to load then loop back to
the beginning as if I'd just started the computer.

Therefore, since I can't get to the Ubuntu menu, I can't run the "memtest"